Patricia A. SherwinNovember 27,2012Patricia A. Sherwin
LEICESTER — Patricia Ann Sherwin, age 72, died Sunday, November 25, 2012, at her home in Leicester.
Mrs. Sherwin was born in Hydeville on August 27, 1940. She was the daughter of Arthur and Mary (MulQueeny) Bushey. In her earlier years, she had worked as a personal care attendant and as an aide at Brandon Training School. She enjoyed bingo and playing the slots at her favorite casino. She loved family gatherings and doting over her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was a much-loved lady with a warm heart and quick wit. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Surviving is her husband, Jim Sherwin of Leicester, whom she married in Castleton on August 4, 1957; her children, Ida Harrington and her husband Jim of Leicester, James Sherwin Jr. and his wife Kathy of Brandon, Brian Sherwin and his wife Michelle of Whiting and Phyllis Smith and her husband Ken of Pittsford; her sisters, Margaret Bushey of Brandon, Kitty Knipes and Mary Ellen Garrow, both of Rutland; her grandchildren, Jacob Harrington, Joe Harrington, Rick Poro, Brendan Sherwin, Jamee Sherwin, Adam Sherwin, J. Mike Stone, Sabrina Stone, Victoria Stone, Michaela Sherwin, Mikenna Sherwin and Bryson Sherwin; her great-grandchildren, Mia, Aurora, Zoie, Mazie, Desiree, Alexa, Cheyenne, James, Lenore and Remi. Many nieces, nephews and cousins also survive her. She was predeceased by a daughter, Deanna; a son, Charles; her twin, Barbara, and sister Hannah; brothers, Jim Coombs, Art Bushey and George Bushey.
A private graveside committal service and burial will take place on Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the family lot in East Clarendon Cemetery. A nephew, Rev. Ronald Sherwin Jr., pastor of the Mendon United Methodist Church, will officiate.
Friends may call at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon on Wednesday, November 28, from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in her memory to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?