Police looking for girl reported to have run awayStaff | November 28,2012
Vermont State Police are searching for a 15-year-old girl who reportedly ran away from her home in Chittenden.
Alexandra “Alex” Papineau ran away from her home during the early morning hours Tuesday, according to state police.
She was last seen near Rutland Middle School at 12:30 a.m.
Papineau stands at about 5-feet, 5-inches tall and has brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a yellow sweater.
Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool