Small Dog collecting toys to benefit Rutland women’s shelterStaff Report | November 28,2012WAITSFIELD — Small Dog Electronics is collecting unopened toys to benefit the Rutland County Women’s Network and Shelter.
The Rutland County Women’s Network and Shelter is a nonprofit organization that helps victims of domestic and sexual violence, providing services ranging from legal advocacy to assisting victims in finding safe housing along with necessities like food, clothing and home furnishings.
Toys can be dropped off at donation boxes at both the Waitsfield and South Burlington company locations until Dec. 23.
Small Dog is at 100 Dorset St. in South Burlington and 1673 Main St. (Route 100) in Waitsfield.
The company plans to open a store in Rutland. “Being able to benefit communities around the state is an important part of Small Dog Electronics’ social mission,” said company CEO Don Mayer in a statement. “As soon-to-be members of the Rutland community, we wanted to get a head start on supporting local organizations.”MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.