Patricia A. SherwinNovember 28,2012
Patricia A. SherwinPatricia A. Sherwin
LEICESTER — Patricia Ann Sherwin, age 72, died Sunday, November 25, 2012, at her home in Leicester.
Mrs. Sherwin was born in Hydeville on August 27, 1940. She was the daughter of Arthur and Mary (MulQueeny) Bushey. In her earlier years, she had worked as a personal care attendant and as an aide at Brandon Training School. She enjoyed bingo and playing the slots at her favorite casino. She loved family gatherings and doting over her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was a much-loved lady with a warm heart and quick wit. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Surviving is her husband, Jim Sherwin of Leicester, whom she married in Castleton on August 4, 1957; her children, Ida Harrington and her husband Jim of Leicester, James Sherwin Jr. and his wife Kathy of Brandon, Brian Sherwin and his wife Michelle of Whiting and Phyllis Smith and her husband Ken of Pittsford; her sisters, Margaret Bushey of Brandon, Kitty Knipes and Mary Ellen Garrow, both of Rutland; her grandchildren, Jacob Harrington, Joe Harrington, Rick Poro, Brendan Sherwin, Jamee Sherwin, Adam Sherwin, J. Mike Stone, Sabrina Stone, Victoria Stone, Michaela Sherwin, Mikenna Sherwin and Bryson Sherwin; her great-grandchildren, Mia, Aurora, Zoie, Mazie, Desiree, Alexa, Cheyenne, James, Lenore and Remi. Many nieces, nephews and cousins also survive her. She was predeceased by a daughter, Deanna; a son, Charles; her twin, Barbara, and sister Hannah; brothers, Jim Coombs, Art Bushey and George Bushey.
A private graveside committal service and burial will take place on Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the family lot in East Clarendon Cemetery. A nephew, Rev. Ronald Sherwin Jr., pastor of the Mendon United Methodist Church, will officiate.
Friends may call at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon on Wednesday, November 28, from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in her memory to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.