Carissimo, Vermont roll by Harvard 85-78the associated press | November 28,2012CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Sandro Carissimo netted a career-high 25 points as Vermont won 85-78 at Harvard Tuesday night.
Carissimo also tied a career high with six assists while going 8 of 11 from the field, including 4 of 5 from 3-point range. Clancy Rugg pitched in 16 points off the bench and Luke Apfeld had 13 for the Catamounts (4-1), who knocked off an Ivy League opponent for the second straight game after beating Yale 65-52 last Wednesday. Vermont shot 0 for 6 from 3-point range in that win, but rebounded to make 8 of 17 (47.1 percent) Tuesday.
Harvard’s Wesley Saunders — who tied a career high with 18 points against St. Joseph’s last Tuesday — set a career high with 21 points, and also had four steals and four assists.
Laurent Rivard had 17 points, including 4-of-9 shooting from 3-point range. The Crimson (2-3) was 9-of-16 shooting on 3-pointers.MORE IN Wire SportsBOSTON — Michael Pineda was ejected for using a foreign substance less than two weeks after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.