• Struggling Eagles cut ties with DE Jason Babin
    the associated press | November 28,2012
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    PHILADELPHIA — The Eagles have released two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin in the first major roster move for a team that’s lost seven straight games.

    Babin had just 5.5 sacks after recording 18 last year.

    He signed a five-year, $28 million deal last summer after going to his first Pro Bowl with Tennessee following the 2010 season.

    The move came Tuesday, a day after a 30-22 home loss to Carolina.

    Coach Andy Reid says the Eagles cut Babin to give more playing time to younger players.

    Philadelphia (3-8) plays at Dallas (5-6) on Sunday night.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN Wire Sports
    NEW YORK — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday the league and players have made “tremendous... Full Story
    Silver says NBA labor 
deal is getting close
    BOSTON — When Syracuse coach Dino Babers thinks about last week’s victory over Virginia Tech, he... Full Story
sets sights
on BC eagles
    More Articles