Contract awarded to update state web portalSTAFF REPORT | November 29,2012MONTPELIER — A Connecticut company has been selected to design and implement Vermont’s new online business service portal for the Division of Corporations.
PCC Technology Group of Bloomfield, Conn., was awarded the contract to create the new system that will allow Vermonters to transact the majority of their business with the state online, Secretary of State James Condos announced Tuesday.
“We currently run on an outdated DOS system, combined with over 60,000 pieces of paper mailings, the cost of stamps, the envelopes, and the inefficiency associated with that process,” Condos said. “We looked at best practices in other jurisdictions where they have successfully leveraged information technology to reduce waste, increase response times, and provide greater value to the taxpayer.”
The first phase of the new system will introduce the online annual report function which will go live in the first quarter of 2013. The entire system will be fully functional by early 2014.MORE IN National / World BusinessLOS ANGELES — It’s back, and it’s back on a scale that is well matched to this car-centric city. Full StoryThe stock market closed out its fifth straight week of gains with another record high on Friday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.