Contract awarded to update state web portalSTAFF REPORT | November 29,2012MONTPELIER — A Connecticut company has been selected to design and implement Vermont’s new online business service portal for the Division of Corporations.
PCC Technology Group of Bloomfield, Conn., was awarded the contract to create the new system that will allow Vermonters to transact the majority of their business with the state online, Secretary of State James Condos announced Tuesday.
“We currently run on an outdated DOS system, combined with over 60,000 pieces of paper mailings, the cost of stamps, the envelopes, and the inefficiency associated with that process,” Condos said. “We looked at best practices in other jurisdictions where they have successfully leveraged information technology to reduce waste, increase response times, and provide greater value to the taxpayer.”
The first phase of the new system will introduce the online annual report function which will go live in the first quarter of 2013. The entire system will be fully functional by early 2014.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK — The stock market stayed at record levels on Monday as investors remained confident... Full StoryLOS ANGELES — Against the team of hackers, the poor car stood no chance. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.