Contract awarded to update state web portalSTAFF REPORT | November 29,2012MONTPELIER — A Connecticut company has been selected to design and implement Vermont’s new online business service portal for the Division of Corporations.
PCC Technology Group of Bloomfield, Conn., was awarded the contract to create the new system that will allow Vermonters to transact the majority of their business with the state online, Secretary of State James Condos announced Tuesday.
“We currently run on an outdated DOS system, combined with over 60,000 pieces of paper mailings, the cost of stamps, the envelopes, and the inefficiency associated with that process,” Condos said. “We looked at best practices in other jurisdictions where they have successfully leveraged information technology to reduce waste, increase response times, and provide greater value to the taxpayer.”
The first phase of the new system will introduce the online annual report function which will go live in the first quarter of 2013. The entire system will be fully functional by early 2014.MORE IN National / World BusinessSaying they can no longer ignore the rising prices of health care, some of the most influential... Full StoryNEW YORK — A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.