Missing teen found safe in RutlandThe Associated Press | November 29,2012Alexandra “Alex” Papineau, 15, who the Vermont State Police said had been missing from Chittenden since Tuesday, was found safe in Rutland on Wednesday around 4:30 p.m., according to a press release.
In the early morning hours of Tuesday, according to police, Papineau, of Chittenden, ran away from her home to the Rutland area, leading the Vermont State Police to begin an investigation of Papineau as a “missing person.”
With the help of the Rutland City Police, Papineau was found, unharmed, and hiding in the basement of a home on Forrest Street on Wednesday.
According to a police, Cory J. Munger, 17, of Rutland had been harboring Papineau. Throughout the investigation, Munger made false and misleading statements to investigators about what he knew of Papineau’s whereabouts.
Munger was arrested and taken to the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police where he was cited for second-degree unlawful restraint and providing false information to police.
Munger is expected to be arraigned on Jan. 14 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.