Missing teen found safe in RutlandThe Associated Press | November 29,2012Alexandra “Alex” Papineau, 15, who the Vermont State Police said had been missing from Chittenden since Tuesday, was found safe in Rutland on Wednesday around 4:30 p.m., according to a press release.
In the early morning hours of Tuesday, according to police, Papineau, of Chittenden, ran away from her home to the Rutland area, leading the Vermont State Police to begin an investigation of Papineau as a “missing person.”
With the help of the Rutland City Police, Papineau was found, unharmed, and hiding in the basement of a home on Forrest Street on Wednesday.
According to a police, Cory J. Munger, 17, of Rutland had been harboring Papineau. Throughout the investigation, Munger made false and misleading statements to investigators about what he knew of Papineau’s whereabouts.
Munger was arrested and taken to the Rutland barracks of the Vermont State Police where he was cited for second-degree unlawful restraint and providing false information to police.
Munger is expected to be arraigned on Jan. 14 in Rutland criminal court.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.