SOUTH BURLINGTON — A Vermont man who works at a gold-buying store in the University Mall in South Burlington is facing charges he has been buying stolen gold and jewelry.
Vermont State Police said the charges against 38-year-old Prasad Durga Dhakal, of Winooski, followed an investigation that began after suspects in other thefts told police they were selling the stolen items at the “Cash for Gold” store in the mall.
Police said that on Thursday Durga Dhakal was seen buying an item known to be stolen.
He was issued a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Police said the penalty for a dealer knowingly purchasing stolen property is the same as stealing the property.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but can’t... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation