for vets clinic
Plans to build a new $2.6 million outpatient clinic for veterans in Burlington are moving forward.
U.S. Sen. Bernard Sanders said Monday that the Department of Veterans Affairs has picked a contractor ó Fortieth Burlington LLC ó to build the facility, which will replace a clinic in Colchester that has outgrown its space.
The new clinic on Lakeside Avenue will be nearly twice as large as the Colchester clinic and serve about 4,000 veterans.
Itís expected to be completed in early 2013.
Sanders said the VA now serves about 8,600 veterans at clinics in Colchester, Brattleboro, Rutland, Bennington and Newport, providing primary care, specialty treatment and mental health services.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON ó The growing gap between the richest Americans and everyone else isnít bad just for... Full StoryPHILADELPHIA ó A $200 million hotel and condo complex proposed for the site of Philadelphia... Full Story
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation