for vets clinic
Plans to build a new $2.6 million outpatient clinic for veterans in Burlington are moving forward.
U.S. Sen. Bernard Sanders said Monday that the Department of Veterans Affairs has picked a contractor — Fortieth Burlington LLC — to build the facility, which will replace a clinic in Colchester that has outgrown its space.
The new clinic on Lakeside Avenue will be nearly twice as large as the Colchester clinic and serve about 4,000 veterans.
It’s expected to be completed in early 2013.
Sanders said the VA now serves about 8,600 veterans at clinics in Colchester, Brattleboro, Rutland, Bennington and Newport, providing primary care, specialty treatment and mental health services.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — While Republicans in Congress shout, “Repeal Obamacare,” GOP governors in many... Full StoryA new concern about the spread of Ebola surfaced recently when a Dallas County sheriff’s deputy... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.