for vets clinic
Plans to build a new $2.6 million outpatient clinic for veterans in Burlington are moving forward.
U.S. Sen. Bernard Sanders said Monday that the Department of Veterans Affairs has picked a contractor ó Fortieth Burlington LLC ó to build the facility, which will replace a clinic in Colchester that has outgrown its space.
The new clinic on Lakeside Avenue will be nearly twice as large as the Colchester clinic and serve about 4,000 veterans.
Itís expected to be completed in early 2013.
Sanders said the VA now serves about 8,600 veterans at clinics in Colchester, Brattleboro, Rutland, Bennington and Newport, providing primary care, specialty treatment and mental health services.MORE IN National / World BusinessHow would you like to pay only $25 for a one-day lift ticket at Pico Mountain Resort? Full StoryMONTPELIER ó Itís December, winter is on the horizon and Vermontís snowmobile season is set to... Full StoryWASHINGTON ó Facing a standoff in the Senate, the top Democrats and Republicans on Congressí... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation