2-car crash kills 1, injures 1December 03,2012HIGHGATE ó Vermont State Police say a two-car crash in Highgate has left one woman dead and another with serious injuries.
The collision happened Saturday evening on Route 207 near the intersection of Cook Road. Roads were wet at the time.
State police said 35-year-old Marissa Knight of St. Albans died at the scene. The driver of the other car, 23-year-old Nicole Greene of Highgate, was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including possible head trauma and multiple broken bones.
State police say an initial investigation shows that Greene had been traveling south in the northbound lane at the time of impact, but itís not clear why. Itís unknown if drugs or alcohol were a factor.
Route 207 was closed for several hours while police investigated the accident.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY ó Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesnít know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE ó The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation