2-car crash kills 1, injures 1December 03,2012HIGHGATE ó Vermont State Police say a two-car crash in Highgate has left one woman dead and another with serious injuries.
The collision happened Saturday evening on Route 207 near the intersection of Cook Road. Roads were wet at the time.
State police said 35-year-old Marissa Knight of St. Albans died at the scene. The driver of the other car, 23-year-old Nicole Greene of Highgate, was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including possible head trauma and multiple broken bones.
State police say an initial investigation shows that Greene had been traveling south in the northbound lane at the time of impact, but itís not clear why. Itís unknown if drugs or alcohol were a factor.
Route 207 was closed for several hours while police investigated the accident.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.