Flags to fly at half staff in honor of Vt lawmakerThe Associated Press | December 04,2012MONTPELIER — Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin has ordered flags to be lowered to half staff today in honor of a state lawmaker who was killed when he was hit by a car.
A memorial service also will be held at 2 p.m. today for Rep. Gregory Clark, of Vergennes, at the Vergennes Congregational Church.
State Police said the 65-year-old Republican lawmaker was killed Friday morning when he was hit by a car along U.S. Route 7 in Waltham.
Police said Clark was driving south when he stopped at the edge of the highway to clear his windshield. Clark pulled partly onto the shoulder of the road, but he was hit by another southbound vehicle while he was outside his car.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation