Wilfred J. GendronDecember 04,2012Wilfred J. Gendron Rites
BEVERLY HILLS, Fla. — A Mass of Christian burial was celebrated on Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012, at 1 p.m. in St. Monica Catholic Church in Barre for Wilfred J. Gendron, 87, of Beverly Hills, Fla., and formerly of Barre, who passed away on Nov. 7, 2012, at the Healthcare at the Bentwood Nursing Home in Lecanto, Fla.
The Rev. Leopold J. Bilodeau, pastor of the church, was the celebrant. Crucifer Francis Pinard was altar server and led the Prayer of the Faithful.
Organist Rosemary Badeau accompanied vocalists Sarah Procopio and Ronald Routhier in the hymns, “Here I Am Lord,” “Prayer of St. Francis,” “Ave Maria” and “How Great Thou Art.”
Scripture readings from the Old and New Testament were read by Francis Pinard.
A prayer service was held Friday evening at the Pruneau-Polli Funeral Home in Barre and was led by Father Bilodeau.
Pallbearers were Buck Parker, Paul Gendron, Robert Gendron, John Loso, Maurice Soucy and Michael Carbonneau.
A later burial will take place in St. Sylvester Cemetery in Lower Websterville.
Following the Mass, family and friends gathered at the American Legion Post 10 in Barre for a time of fellowship and luncheon.
Arrangements were in the care of the Pruneau-Polli Funeral Home, 58 Summer St., Barre.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.