Mark MartineauDecember 04,2012
Mark T. MartineauMark T. Martineau
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Mark Thomas Martineau, 36, died Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, from injuries suffered in an automobile accident.
He was born June 23, 1976, the son of Antonio Paul Martineau and Kathy Redford.
He was raised in Lakewood, Calif., and attended Lakewood High School.
He joined the U.S. Army and served in the Army Reserve.
He recently returned to school, graduating with a bachelor’s degree, and was pursuing a master’s degree in business administration at the time of his death.
He had moved to Barre, Vt., and worked at Cabot Creamery, then returned to California. Recently he was self-employed in real estate mortgages and sales.
He enjoyed his motorcycle, and every Christmas dressed as Santa, he rode his motorcycle to an orphanage and dropped off presents to the children.
Survivors include his parents; four brothers, Paul, Brian, Keven and Michael Martineau; and his fiancée, Jennifer Wright, all of the Los Angeles area.
Calling hours were held at the Luyben Family Dilday-Mottell Mortuary on Monday, Nov. 26, 2012. Funeral services were held at St. Cyprian Church in Long Beach on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.