Shumlin elected chairman of DGADecember 05,2012Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin has been elected chairman of the Democratic Governors Association.
Shumlin was elected at the DGA’s annual meeting in Los Angeles.
He said Tuesday that is honored to be chosen and is looking forward to the challenge.
As chairman, Shumlin said he hopes to deepen the partnership between the association and Democratic governors around the country. He also said his role as DGA chair is good for Vermont. He said the state has a great story to tell the rest of nation, and stands to benefit from the collaboration with other states and other governors.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.