Eleanor C. WalshDecember 06,2012Eleanor C. Walsh
BENNINGTON — Eleanor C. Walsh, 83, a resident of Vermont Veterans Home in Bennington and formerly of Arlington, died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012, following a long illness.
She was born in East Arlington Jan. 16, 1929, the daughter of Jay Paul and Florence (Mattison) Ward.
She married John F. Walsh Jr. in Arlington, Feb. 27, 1947.
Mrs. Walsh enjoyed knitting and donating hats and mittens to the Giving Tree Program at the former Chittenden Bank in Arlington at Christmastime. She was known for her cooking and baking.
Survivors include her husband; six children, Patrick Walsh of Hopewell, Va., Joanne Lansing of Knox, N.Y., Frances Walsh of Hinesburg, Barbara Kenan of Cocoa, Fla., John and Bill Walsh, both of Arlington; 14 grandchildren and several great-grandchildren; a sister, Alice Stratton of Bennington; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by three siblings, Jay Jr. and Hector Ward, and Elvira Hunt.
There are no services scheduled.
Memorial contributions may be made to The Memory Clinic, in care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.