Daniel L. SacripanteDecember 06,2012
Daniel L. SacripanteDaniel L. Sacripante
SPRINGFIELD — Daniel Louis Sacripante, 6, died Monday, Dec. 3, 2012, at Springfield Hospital.
He was born Aug. 4, 2006, in Manhasset, N.Y., the son of Justin H. and Connie D. (Cowan) Sacripante.
Daniel was a first grader in Springfield. He loved his friends and family, enjoyed movies and going to camp.
Survivors include his parents of Springfield, maternal grandmother Ann Stout and paternal grandparents Louis and Joyce Sacripante.
He was predeceased by his maternal grandfather, Daniel.
The celebration of life service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, at the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Daniels Hope at www.danielshope.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.