Robert E. JalbertDecember 06,2012Robert E. Jalbert
EDGEWATER, Fla. — Robert E. Jalbert, 70, of Edgewater and formerly of Pittsford, Vt., died Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012, at Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia/Flagler, Southeast Volusia Care Center, Edgewater.
Born in Winchester, N.H., Mr. Jalbert was a state trooper for Vermont State Police for 20 years before retirement.
He was a member of Atlantic Coast Community Church in New Smyrna Beach.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Carolyn E. Jalbert; five children, Peter Jalbert of Summerville, S.C., Robert Jalbert Jr. of Colorado Springs, Colo., William Jalbert of Rutland, Vt., Constance Morgan of Nantucket, Mass., and Karen Valach of Proctor, Vt.; four brothers, Mike, Edward and Kevin Hescock and Douglas Jalbert, all of Vermont; 11 grandchildren and one great-granddaughter.
A memorial service will be held at a later date at Atlantic Coast Community Church.
A celebration of his life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Proctor (Vt.) Fire Department on Main Street in Proctor.
Cremation will be by Dudley Crematory, New Smyrna Beach.
Memorial contributions may be made to Atlantic Coast Community Church, 1212 Conrad Drive, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32160; or Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia/Flagler, Attn.: Southeast Volusia Care Center, 3800 Woodbriar Trail, Port Orange, FL 32129.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?