Robert E. JalbertDecember 06,2012Robert E. Jalbert
EDGEWATER, Fla. — Robert E. Jalbert, 70, of Edgewater and formerly of Pittsford, Vt., died Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012, at Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia/Flagler, Southeast Volusia Care Center, Edgewater.
Born in Winchester, N.H., Mr. Jalbert was a state trooper for Vermont State Police for 20 years before retirement.
He was a member of Atlantic Coast Community Church in New Smyrna Beach.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Carolyn E. Jalbert; five children, Peter Jalbert of Summerville, S.C., Robert Jalbert Jr. of Colorado Springs, Colo., William Jalbert of Rutland, Vt., Constance Morgan of Nantucket, Mass., and Karen Valach of Proctor, Vt.; four brothers, Mike, Edward and Kevin Hescock and Douglas Jalbert, all of Vermont; 11 grandchildren and one great-granddaughter.
A memorial service will be held at a later date at Atlantic Coast Community Church.
A celebration of his life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Proctor (Vt.) Fire Department on Main Street in Proctor.
Cremation will be by Dudley Crematory, New Smyrna Beach.
Memorial contributions may be made to Atlantic Coast Community Church, 1212 Conrad Drive, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32160; or Halifax Health Hospice of Volusia/Flagler, Attn.: Southeast Volusia Care Center, 3800 Woodbriar Trail, Port Orange, FL 32129.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.