Shrewsbury woman hurt in crashDecember 06,2012SHREWSBURY — A Shrewsbury woman was described as being in critical condition following a crash on Cold River Road.
Police said Samantha Didio, 24, was driving her 2009 Pontiac Vibe north shortly after noon when she lost control and crashed headlong into a tree. Didio and her mother, Karen Didio, were extricated from the car and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. Samantha Didio was then transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Police said the accident was still under investigation, but that drugs and alcohol were not a factor. Road conditions were listed as “wet.”
The car sustained contact damage on all sides, according to police.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.