Shrewsbury woman hurt in crashDecember 06,2012SHREWSBURY — A Shrewsbury woman was described as being in critical condition following a crash on Cold River Road.
Police said Samantha Didio, 24, was driving her 2009 Pontiac Vibe north shortly after noon when she lost control and crashed headlong into a tree. Didio and her mother, Karen Didio, were extricated from the car and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. Samantha Didio was then transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Police said the accident was still under investigation, but that drugs and alcohol were not a factor. Road conditions were listed as “wet.”
The car sustained contact damage on all sides, according to police.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.