Pregnant Kate discharged from London hospitalTHe Associated Press | December 07,2012LONDON — The Duchess of Cambridge left a London hospital Thursday after being treated for acute morning sickness related to her pregnancy.
Clutching a small bouquet of yellow roses, the former Kate Middleton smiled and posed briefly for a photograph alongside her husband, Prince William, before leaving King Edward VII Hospital. She stepped delicately into a waiting car.
The couple’s office said she would head to Kensington Palace in London for a period of rest. She had been in the hospital since Monday. Officials from St. James’s Palace have said the duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant with the couple’s first child.
William visited his wife at the hospital every day, while media from around the world camped outside, seeking any news on the royal pregnancy.
Royal officials announced Monday that the Duchess was pregnant, their hand forced by her admission into the hospital.
Her stay was complicated by a prank call by two disc jockeys that breached her privacy.
Two Australian radio disc jockeys impersonating Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles placed a prank call to the hospital early Tuesday, and persuaded an unwitting nurse to tell them all about the Duchess’ condition.
The duchess is married to the queen’s grandson, Prince William.
Australian radio personalities Mel Greig and Michael Christian later apologized for the hoax — sheepishly noting that they were surprised that the call was put through and that their Australian accents were not detected.
The royals have been the target of hoax callers before. Canadian disc jockey Pierre Brassard telephoned the queen in 1995, pretending to be Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien.MORE IN Wire NewsSTOCKHOLM — Sweden’s biggest submarine hunt since the dying days of the Soviet Union has put... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.