Ralph W. Becker Sr.December 07,2012
Ralph W. Becker Sr.Ralph W. Becker Sr.
BENNINGTON — Ralph W. Becker Sr., 77, died Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Crescent Manor Care Center in Bennington.
He was born April 15, 1935, in Bennington, the son of Franklin Becker and Fannie (Harrington) Becker Moon.
He received his education in Bennington.
He married the former Patricia Lucille Lane on July 2, 1955.
In earlier years, he was in the logging business and for many years was employed at the Union Carbide Corporation, retiring in 1992.
He was a former member of the Bennington Moose Lodge.
He enjoyed stock car racing and in earlier years, deer hunting.
Survivors include his wife, Patricia Becker of Bennington; five sons, Ralph Becker Jr., Barry Becker, and Kurtis Becker, all of Bennington, Jeffery Becker of Panton, and Eric Becker of Shaftsbury; five grandchildren; two step-grandsons, a great-grandchild, two step-great-grandchildren; an uncle, and several nieces and cousins. He was predeceased by a sister Reaha Bouchard.
The funeral will be held from the Mahar and Son Funeral Home on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at 11 a.m.
Friends may call at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home on Saturday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
The burial will take place in the Waite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Second Chance Animal Shelter through the office of the Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?