Beryl VogelDecember 07,2012Beryl “Maureen” Vogel
BRANDON — Beryl “Maureen” Vogel, 90, of Brandon died early Thursday morning, December 6, 2012, at Porter Hospital in Middlebury.
Mrs. Vogel was born on May 7, 1922, in London, England, the daughter of the late Douglas and Helen (Murphy) Bole.
She graduated from secondary school, and was a part of the British war effort driving ambulances during the German “Blitz” bombing of London.
She met her husband in London in 1943, and they were married in September of 1944.
She served as a Librarian in Linwood, N.J., and once retired they moved to Brandon, VT, in 1977.
She was a member of the Green Mountain Doll Club, the Brandon Monday Night Club; she volunteered for the Brandon Library and was a member of the Brandon Congregational Church’s women’s group.
She is survived by her daughter, Wendy Vogel of Brandon.
She was predeceased by her husband Don Vogel.
Graveside funeral services for Maureen Vogel will be at a later date at the Vermont Veterans Cemetery in Randolph.
Memorial contributions may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of Sanderson-Ducharme Funeral Home, Middlebury.
Online condolences may be made at www.sandersonfuneralservice.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.