Hugh R. RoundsDecember 08,2012Hugh R. Rounds
Hugh Robert Rounds, 62, of Rutland died Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at Rutland Regional Medical Center following a long illness.
He was born Feb. 9, 1950, in Rutland, the son of Hugh M. and Fedra L. (Stanley) Rounds.
He graduated from Brattleboro High School, and was employed by Book Press for many years.
Survivors include two brothers, James E. of Syracuse, N.Y., and William M. of Center Rutland, and a sister, Nancy A. Guenther of Palm Harbor, Fla. He was predeceased by his parents and a brother, Terrence S.
As per his wishes, there will be no calling hours, and burial will be at a later date.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.