Jeanette G. PrattDecember 08,2012Jeanette G. Pratt
BALLSTON LAKE, N.Y. — Jeanette G. Pratt, 82, of Ballston Lake, passed away Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
Born in Berlin, N.H., October 5, 1930, she was the daughter of the late Ernest and Grace White.
She attended Castleton (Vt.) Teachers College and received her bachelor’s degree from the College of Saint Rose. Jeanette taught first and third grade at St. Mary’s Catholic School in Ballston Spa, until her retirement in 1992.
She enjoyed knitting, crocheting and sewing. Her greatest joy was spending time with her family and friends.
Jeanette was predeceased by her husband, Earle, son, Daniel, brother, Kenneth White and sister, Mary Jane Barone. She is survived by her children, Stephen Pratt (Laura) of Richmond, VA, David Pratt (Sandy) of Cleveland, GA, Tina McQuiston (William) of Ballston Lake, and Michele Lawson (Michael) of Ballston Spa, two brothers, Arthur White of California and Ernest White of Massachusetts, 12 grandchildren, 4 great-grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. Monday, December 10, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Milton Avenue, Ballston Spa, where a Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated. Burial will follow in St. Mary’s Cemetery, Ballston Spa.
Relatives and friends are invited to call from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, December 9, at Armer Funeral Home Inc., 39 East High Street, Ballston Spa.
Memorial contributions may be made to Community Hospice of Saratoga, 179 Lawrence Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, or St. Mary’s School, 40 Thompson Street, Ballston Spa, NY 12020.
Online remembrances may be made at www.armerfuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.