Man, 84, dies after tree-cutting mishapDecember 09,2012Man, 84, dies after
BARTON — Police say an 84-year-old Barton man, who became pinned under the bucket of a tractor he was using while cutting down a tree, has died from his injuries.
Officials say Henry Labrecque of Barton was cutting firewood on his property Friday afternoon when he became pinned under the bucket of a tractor.
Police say Labrecque was taken to North Country Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Police have ruled the death accidental. No other information was availableMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.