State plans lottery for firewood lotsDecember 09,2012State plans lottery
for firewood lots
WATERBURY — Vermonters will have a chance to cut their own firewood from state forests.
This year, roadside lots are available in Plymouth, Shrewsbury, North Duxbury, Orange, Roxbury, Johnson, Groton, and Westmore.
The lottery for the “cut-your-own” lots opens on Jan. 2 and ends Jan. 18.
Lottery winners pay $30 for a lot that yields about three cords of wood from trees marked for removal. The firewood is suitable for the 2013 home heating season.
Lottery winners will be notified in March.
Registrations are available at the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation website at www.vtpr.org or call 241-3678 for more information.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation