Police recover stolen itemsDecember 11,2012MONTPELIER — Vermont State Police say a search of a stolen car being used by a fugitive helped recover items stolen in Vermont and New Hampshire in recent months.
Police say 28-year-old Michael Hoehl repainted a stolen car four or five times so police wouldn’t recognize the vehicle, allegedly stolen from Rivendell High School in Orford, N.H., in October.
He was arrested Tuesday after police spotted the vehicle in Newbury. Troopers allegedly chased Hoehl into the woods and he displayed a handgun, but he was apprehended without injury.
The Burlington Free Press reported that when police searched the vehicle they found, among other items, GPS units, a radar detector, assorted professional sports collector cards, tools, a pocket watch, foreign currency, an antique chalice and a model of a 1955-era vehicle.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation