Police search for robbersDecember 11,2012ST. ALBANS — Vermont police are searching for a man and woman suspected of robbing a St. Albans convenience store and the female suspect is alleged to have brandished a knife.
St. Albans police say they were called to South Main Grocery just before 9 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the male and female suspects entered the store and placed a note on the counter while the female showed a knife.
The two took money from the cash register.
The female is described as heavy-set, 5-foot-4 to 5-foot 6. The male is described as 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall with a medium build.
The suspects fled on foot.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.