Proctor E. HallDecember 12,2012Proctor E. Hall
RAPID CITY, S.D. — Proctor Eugene “Rock” Hall, 79, died Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at the Fort Meade Veterans Center in Sturgis.
He was born in Ludlow, Vt., the son of Ethelyn (Wheeler) and Israel Balch Hall.
He graduated in 1952 from Black River High School in Ludlow where he was active in sports and music and used to ski on Okemo Mountain, before it became a ski resort.
After an Air Force career, Mr. Hall married and raised his family in South Dakota.
He was an avid hunter and fisherman and enjoyed the woods of Plymouth, Vt.
Survivors include his wife, Sharon, daughters Penny Darling and Jennifer Hall, and son Tom Hall, all of Rapid City; five grandchildren; a brother, Jay Hall of Vero Beach, Fla.; a sister, Pat Brown of Springfield, Vt.; many nieces and nephews.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.