Proctor E. HallDecember 12,2012Proctor E. Hall
RAPID CITY, S.D. — Proctor Eugene “Rock” Hall, 79, died Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at the Fort Meade Veterans Center in Sturgis.
He was born in Ludlow, Vt., the son of Ethelyn (Wheeler) and Israel Balch Hall.
He graduated in 1952 from Black River High School in Ludlow where he was active in sports and music and used to ski on Okemo Mountain, before it became a ski resort.
After an Air Force career, Mr. Hall married and raised his family in South Dakota.
He was an avid hunter and fisherman and enjoyed the woods of Plymouth, Vt.
Survivors include his wife, Sharon, daughters Penny Darling and Jennifer Hall, and son Tom Hall, all of Rapid City; five grandchildren; a brother, Jay Hall of Vero Beach, Fla.; a sister, Pat Brown of Springfield, Vt.; many nieces and nephews.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.