Sister Julia Marie Walsh RitesDecember 12,2012Sister Julia Marie Walsh Rites
Funeral services for Sister Julia Marie Walsh, SSJ, 93, of Rutland who died Dec. 3, 2012, in Holyoke, Mass., were held Friday Dec. 7, at St. Peterís Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Monsignor Richard LaValley of Burlington. Con-celebrant was the Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial followed in Calvary Cemetery, with Msgr. LaValley reading the prayers of the burial service.
Readers were Sister Mary Harvey and Molly Burke.
Prayer of the faithful was led by Sister Lillian Reilly.
Gift bearers were Sister Mirriam Preedom and Sister Margaret Blackberry.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Sisters of St. Joseph, 34 Lower Westfield Road, Holyoke, MA 01040.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.