Sister Julia Marie Walsh RitesDecember 12,2012Sister Julia Marie Walsh Rites
Funeral services for Sister Julia Marie Walsh, SSJ, 93, of Rutland who died Dec. 3, 2012, in Holyoke, Mass., were held Friday Dec. 7, at St. Peterís Church in Rutland. Officiating was the Rev. Monsignor Richard LaValley of Burlington. Con-celebrant was the Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial followed in Calvary Cemetery, with Msgr. LaValley reading the prayers of the burial service.
Readers were Sister Mary Harvey and Molly Burke.
Prayer of the faithful was led by Sister Lillian Reilly.
Gift bearers were Sister Mirriam Preedom and Sister Margaret Blackberry.
Arrangements were under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Contributions may be made to Sisters of St. Joseph, 34 Lower Westfield Road, Holyoke, MA 01040.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.