Charges follow manure prankDecember 13,2012WEST HAVEN — A dispute between two women on a dairy farm on Route 22A left one woman’s minivan full of mud and manure and the other charged with a pair of misdemeanor criminal offenses, according to Vermont State Police.
Vermont State Police were called to a barn at 2474 Route 22A Tuesday afternoon for a reported fight.
At the farm, Jessica Drake told police she was shoved head-first into a pipe by Laura Richards, 39, and later left the barn to find the seats, dashboard and other interiors of her minivan filled with mud and manure.
Drake said Richards accused her of having an affair with her husband during the confrontation, which other workers at the farm say they witnessed, according to a police affidavit.
Richards was arrested and charged with simple assault and unlawful mischief. She pleaded innocent to those charges Wednesday and was released on court-ordered conditions of release.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.