City board weighs proposed budgetDecember 20,2012The Board Aldermen had yet to reach an agreement on the proposed 2013-14 budget at press time Wednesday night.
An account of the process and decision will be available on rutlandherald.com and will appear in Friday’s print edition.
A number of aldermen have stated that while “every line” of the proposed $19 million budget, which included four new postions and a number of capital expenditures, was justified, the increase was too much for the taxpayers to bear.
However, there were strong disagreements over where to cut going into the special meeting that began at 6 p.m. Wednesday.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturday’s event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation