Margaret B. CurtisDecember 22,2012Margaret B. Curtis
PROCTOR ó Margaret Bresnehan Curtis, 85, died Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was the wife of John H. Curtis, who died in 1969.
Funeral services will be held Friday, Dec. 28, at 11 a.m. at St. Dominicís Church in Proctor, with a reception following.
Friends may call Thursday, Dec. 27, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
A complete obituary will be published in a future edition of the Rutland Herald.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dominicís Church, or to a charity of oneís choice, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.