Jules Rabin’s predictably anti-Israel commentary (Dec. 16) makes a hideous comparison between Gaza’s Hamas terrorists, committed to the annihilation of every man, woman and child in Israel, and the Jewish heroes of the Warsaw ghetto, who fought with dignity simply to live another day.
As to Mr. Rabin’s lament that the death counts in the Gaza conflicts have been lopsided, well, then, here’s a solution he’ll no doubt approve: Israel should stop protecting her citizens from the thousands of lethal missiles Gazans launch at them and, instead, should use her citizens as human shields, as is done by Hamas. Then more Israelis will die, and Mr. Rabin will be happier.
Dr. ROBERT A. ALPER
East DorsetMORE IN Perspective
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.