WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A 51-year-old Vermont woman was ordered held without bail Thursday on a charge of second-degree murder in a Christmas night shooting of a 43-year-old man.
Anne-Marie Whiteway, of Bradford, is charged in the death of Dale Rock, who died of an apparent gunshot wound to the head at his home in the neighboring town of Newbury. She was arraigned Thursday in criminal court in White River Junction.
Police received a call shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday that multiple shots had been fired at Rock’s home and that a suspect had fled the scene in a car.
Thirty-three-year-old Stephanie Plante, who described herself as Rock’s girlfriend, told the Valley News that she witnessed the shooting. She said Whiteway arrived at Rock’s one-room structure and was acting erratically before the shooting.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation