WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A 51-year-old Vermont woman was ordered held without bail Thursday on a charge of second-degree murder in a Christmas night shooting of a 43-year-old man.
Anne-Marie Whiteway, of Bradford, is charged in the death of Dale Rock, who died of an apparent gunshot wound to the head at his home in the neighboring town of Newbury. She was arraigned Thursday in criminal court in White River Junction.
Police received a call shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday that multiple shots had been fired at Rock’s home and that a suspect had fled the scene in a car.
Thirty-three-year-old Stephanie Plante, who described herself as Rock’s girlfriend, told the Valley News that she witnessed the shooting. She said Whiteway arrived at Rock’s one-room structure and was acting erratically before the shooting.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Three Vermont ski areas at least partially located in the Green Mountain National... Full StoryCity Council This Week Lends Support to Citizens to Protect Berlin Pond Petition Full StoryBOSTON — “I need to run.” Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.