Catherine L. AdamsDecember 28,2012Catherine L. Adams
BRIDGEWATER — Catherine Leota Adams, 88, died Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at Mount Ascutney Hospital in Windsor.
She lived at Davis House (assisted living) in Windsor.
She was born Aug. 27, 1924, in Corinth, the daughter of Fred and Lillian (Knight) McKinsty.
She married Carroll Adams on April 14, 1946.
Survivors include four daughters, Dale Lynds, Hilder Allen, Iona Thomas and Jan Bagley; 13 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband Carroll in 1990, and by a daughter, Avis, in 1977.
There will be a graveside service at Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Bridgewater in the spring.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.