Stella M. PoremskiDecember 29,2012
Stella M. PoremskiStella M. Poremski
FLORENCE — Stella M. Poremski, 92, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home in Florence.
She was born on August 12, 1920, in Florence, VT, the daughter of Martin and Mary (Salwierz) Markowski.
She married Alphonse Poremski on October 26, 1940, at St. Stanislaus Church in West Rutland. He predeceased her on June 16, 2003.
Stella enjoyed flowers, gardening, reading and birds, but most of all she loved spending time with her family, her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She is survived by two daughters, Louise Davis and her husband Ronald, and Barbara Champine; and one son, Alphonse.
(Sonny) Poremski and his wife Michelle, all of Florence; two sisters, Josephine Hancsarik of Hydeville, and Jean Meagher of Northport, FL; nine grandchildren; fifteen great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Stella was predeceased by two sisters, Frances Smolinski and Pauline Sutkowski, and three brothers Albert, John and Peter Markowski.
There will be no calling hours.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated on Monday, December 31, 2012, at 10 a.m. at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church in Pittsford, immediately followed by a reception at St. Alphonsus Parish Hall.
Burial will be held at a later date in St. Alphonsus Catholic Cemetery.
For those who wish, memorial contributions in Stella’s memory may be made to St. Alphonsus Parish, 2918 US Route 7, Pittsford, VT 05763; or Rutland Health Foundation, RAVNA & Hospice, 433 West Street, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are being handled by the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.