Stella M. PoremskiDecember 29,2012
Stella M. PoremskiStella M. Poremski
FLORENCE — Stella M. Poremski, 92, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home in Florence.
She was born on August 12, 1920, in Florence, VT, the daughter of Martin and Mary (Salwierz) Markowski.
She married Alphonse Poremski on October 26, 1940, at St. Stanislaus Church in West Rutland. He predeceased her on June 16, 2003.
Stella enjoyed flowers, gardening, reading and birds, but most of all she loved spending time with her family, her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She is survived by two daughters, Louise Davis and her husband Ronald, and Barbara Champine; and one son, Alphonse.
(Sonny) Poremski and his wife Michelle, all of Florence; two sisters, Josephine Hancsarik of Hydeville, and Jean Meagher of Northport, FL; nine grandchildren; fifteen great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Stella was predeceased by two sisters, Frances Smolinski and Pauline Sutkowski, and three brothers Albert, John and Peter Markowski.
There will be no calling hours.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated on Monday, December 31, 2012, at 10 a.m. at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church in Pittsford, immediately followed by a reception at St. Alphonsus Parish Hall.
Burial will be held at a later date in St. Alphonsus Catholic Cemetery.
For those who wish, memorial contributions in Stella’s memory may be made to St. Alphonsus Parish, 2918 US Route 7, Pittsford, VT 05763; or Rutland Health Foundation, RAVNA & Hospice, 433 West Street, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are being handled by the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.