Ashley B. Ashcroft-BillingsDecember 29,2012Ashley B. Ashcroft-Billings
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ashley Brook Ashcroft-Billings, 27, of Charlotte, N.C., formerly of Rutland, VT, died Thursday, December 20, 2012, in Charlotte.
A graduate of South Rowan High School in China Grove, N.C., she also attended schools in Proctor, Rutland Town and Rutland City, VT, and Rowan-Cabarrus Community College in North Carolina.
Ashley is survived by her daughter, Skye Lee Gilley of China Grove, N.C. An infant daughter, Arianna, predeceased her.
Other survivors include her adoptive family in Vermont: mother, Mary C. Ashcroft, and siblings, Isiah Ashcroft-Billings, Gordon Ashcroft-Billings and Jamie Ashcroft-Billings, all of Rutland Town; Penny B. Probst, Timothy Billings, Mark Billings and Sarah B. Reynolds, and grandmothers Jean F. Ashcroft of Bellows Falls, VT, and Lillian T. Billings of Rutland. Ashley’s father, Harold E. Billings, died earlier this year.
She is also survived by her birth family in North Carolina, including mother Nancy Parent of Charlotte, and siblings Abijah Whitney and Zachary Wojenski.
Funeral arrangements are pending with Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord, N,C. A spring burial will be planned for Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland, Vermont.
Online condolences may be made at www.hartsellfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.